business

Self Report #4 - Classroom Teaching Experience


Teaching Practice

When distributing classes for Chemistry subjects, I knew that I would practice teaching in grade 10. So, I taught in two classes; 10-Achievers and 10 Innovators. As scheduled, they will study chemistry two times a week.


5.1.    Procedures of Teaching
 
My First Day Teaching in 10 Achievers
My First day Teaching in 10 Innovators


The detail of learning procedures are contained in the lesson plan. But in general, the learning procedure consists of three main things; daily routine, apperception and core activities. Daily routine is common things that are often done before entering the core learning stage, which is praying, checking student attendance, checking class cleanliness and ensuring students are ready to learn.

The next procedure is apperception. Apperception is the process of connecting or repeating the knowledge that has been obtained. Then, that knowledge will be linked to today's learning material. After that, the teacher gives motivation to students about the benefits of studying the topic in daily life.
The next stage is core activities. Core activities at each meeting can be different. Based on appropriate approaches and methods. Core activities are the core processes in learning to achieve learning goals. So it takes teacher creativity to attract students' attention so that learning runs effectively. The core activities that I use at each meeting are different, ranging from discussions and presentations and doing Team Games Tournament. The complete procedure can be seen in the following link (Click Here 👉My Lesson Plan).
At the end of the lesson, the teacher can provide some evaluation questions to test students' understanding of the material that has been given. The teacher can also provide homework as an additional task.
To close the class, the teacher thanked the students for their enthusiasm and participation, then said Good Bye and See you.




5.2.    Time management and Organizing Activities

Time management is very important. Given that the learning time of each subject is only 1 hour in each class. To manage time well, the teacher has divided the time needed in each section. for example. at the daily stage the routine takes only 3 minutes. then 5 minutes perception, and 52 minutes core activities. on 52 minutes core activities, the teacher must also share the full time used. For example, the first 25 minutes were used to explain the material, 5 minutes to form a discussion group, 10 minutes to do Team Games Tournament. The next 10 minutes are used to correct answers and determine the winning group. The last 2 minutes are used to provide conclusions and close the class.

Group Discussion
Group Discussion
Preparing Group Presentation
Preparing Group Presentation
Preparing Group Presentation
Student's activity when answering the question of Team Games Tournament

5.3.    Problem-Solving

  During teaching practice, I taught about the Chemical Bonding. The topics of Chemical Bonding are divided into 3 parts: Lewis Electron Dot Structure; Ions and Ionic Compounds; Covalent Compounds.

For the first material, I provide many examples of problems. We completed the sample questions together, I called several students as volunteers to help me answer the sample questions on the board. At the end of the lesson I gave questions as a home exercise to better understand the material.
I ask the students to answer the sample question

Then for the second material, I made a discussion group. Each group I give a different question. The answers to these questions must be presented to other groups in front of the class. Other groups can provide questions or additions to the group of presenters. At the end of the lesson, I ask students to give conclusions that he got from these questions, I also gave a final conclusion to complete the answers from students.
 
Student Presentation

The third material, I provide evaluation questions that students must answer in groups (1 group consists of 4 students). I named it "Team Games Tournament". The group that answers the questions correctly is the winning group. I give award to the winning group to appreciate their understanding in solving these problems.


Give Award to the Lead of the Winner Group Tournament


5.4.    Classroom management




Class management is also an important thing besides time management. I familiarize students to begin the lesson by praying first, prayers led by class leaders. After that, I checked the attendance of students, also checked the cleanliness and neatness of the class. When a student's condition is conducive and ready to receive material, then I begin learning. I attract students' attention by giving examples of how chemistry in everyday life. some simple objects and instructions that I made as examples, I translated using Tagalog. This makes them shocked and happy because I used their language. I try to attract students' attention first so students feel enthusiastic and not bored while learning. However, when I saw students sleepy and began to feel bored, I accelerated the tempo of my explanation with simple sentences then gave interesting games. I carry out learning activities in accordance with what I write in the lesson plan.


Self Report #4 - Classroom Teaching Experience Self Report #4 - Classroom Teaching Experience Reviewed by Fatwa Angraini Apok on September 20, 2018 Rating: 5

3 komentar

featured video

Video of the Day